Our dedicated Kelowna tax planning firm assists with a wide variety of personal and corporate tax planning services. Personal tax planning includes tax minimization and/or deferral and may involve succession planning, income splitting, investment structuring, tax shelter advice, and more.
Kerr & Company, Kelowna Chartered Professional Accountants, can also assist clients in their dealings with banks, mortgage companies, and other financial institutions. We have access to experts in other areas, such as lawyers and insurance agents, and will work in collaboration with them to help meet your needs.
As Kelowna tax planning professionals, we also handle all aspects of tax-related business planning and offer business advisory services. Corporate clients face unique tax planning challenges and require sophisticated yet practical advice to deal with each challenge effectively. We use a fully integrated approach to corporate taxation planning, whether transactional, operational or structural.
Tax Compliance – Personal & Corporate
- Income tax filings including personal (T1), corporate (T2), trust (T3) and partnership (T5013) returns
- GST, PST and HST return preparation
- Payroll tax calculations including T4 and T4A slip preparation
- Statement of investment income (T5) returns
- Dealing with the CRA on various matters including voluntary disclosure applications to request CRA relief of filing penalties
- Preparation of responses to CRA tax audit requests
- Employment expenses including commissioned salespeople
Tax Planning – Personal & Corporate
- Income splitting with family members
- Shareholder remuneration (e.g. dividends vs. salary decisions)
- Tax efficient business setup (e.g. incorporation vs. sole proprietorship)
- Employee vs. contractor status for consultants
- Dividend planning
Contact us today for a free 15-minute consultation