There are a lot of Covid type loans, programs and benefits out there to help businesses through these difficult times. The following program is just one that has recently captured our attention.
Highly Affected Sectors Credit Availability Program (HASCAP) Guarantee
Some businesses, such as those in tourism and hospitality, have been more heavily impacted as a result of COVID-19 and are struggling more than others to access financing. This is why BDC will provide 100% guarantees of up to $1 million to help qualifying businesses finance day-to-day business operating costs. These loans are for small and medium-sized businesses that have seen their revenues decrease by 50% or more as a result of COVID-19.
If you are a small-medium sized business, please review the full list of requirements HERE to see if you are eligible to apply.
The following are just some of the requirements:
- Your business is Canadian based.
- Your business must have been financially stable and viable prior to the current economic situation.
- You must have received payments either from the Canada Emergency Subsidy (CEWS) or the Canada Emergency Rent Subsidy (CERS) by having demonstrated a minimum 50% revenue decline for at least three months (not necessarily consecutive) within the eight-month period prior to the date of the HASCAP Guarantee application.
- If your business does not qualify for CEWS and CERS, but otherwise meets all HASCAP eligibility criteria, you must provide financial statements that reflect at least three months (not necessarily consecutive) in which monthly year-over-year revenue decreased by at least 50% within the eight-month period prior to the date of the HASCAP Guarantee application.
- The loan will be used to continue or resume operations.
- The loan cannot be used to pay or refinance existing debts.
- Minimum risk ratings will apply, varying by size of new loan.
- You can apply for a loan under the HASCAP Guarantee for each legal entity you own, up to a maximum combined amount of $6.25 million (all legal entities combined).
- Other conditions may also apply.